While there are hundreds of web hosting plans available today, choosing the best business web host can still be a complex decision. When it comes to hosting an e-commerce site, dedicated hosting is undoubtedly the best option. Want to know how, read on.
Dedicated hosting is one of the most popular and reliable hosting options for business sites. Here are a few reasons that make it the best business web host:
Unlimited Disk Space
Is Dedicated Business hosting tough to manage?
A common misconception about dedicating hosting is that it is difficult to manage, but this is not true. While you have complete control over a dedicated server, managing it is not at all difficult plus your hosting company provides 24/7 technical support.
Let's have a look at the different kinds of server management provided with dedicated hosting:
Fully Managed - From OS upgrades to installing security patches and monitoring of the server everything is completely managed by the hosting company. This is a great option for inexperienced webmasters and newbies.
Managed - Medium level of management provided by the hosting company and you would be required to run some routine tasks.
Self Managed - With this option, you will have to run all the major updates and tasks on your own. The hosting company takes care of monitoring.
Unmanaged - As the name suggests you will completely manage the server on your own, from installing updates to security patches. There is minimum interference from the hosting company and you have complete control over the server. This option is suitable for experienced webmasters.
Regardless of what type of dedicated support level you choose, the security of your web server is completely handled by the hosting provider.
Features you should look for in a Dedicated Business Web Host:
1) Disk space, Bandwidth and RAM - Bandwidth and RAM is calculated based on the expected traffic to a site, more the visitors to a site better should be the bandwidth. If the number of hits to a website is more than the bandwidth, the site will become slower and finally crash.
2) Management - Choosing the right type of server management based on your requirement is very important. You can always start with the basic support level for the first month and then upgrade later on.
3) Resources and Features- Features like shopping cart, web-based administration and merchant accounts should be a part of your dedicated business hosting plan. Also look for additional resources such as Google/Yahoo Ad Credits, PHP or CGI scripts, Database management in your hosting package.
4) Pricing - Dedicated hosting is priced higher than shared hosting, but the kind of control and security it provides is unmatched.
5) Customer Support - All good hosting companies provide 24/7, 365 Days technical assistance. The customer support should be reliable, fast and have a quick turnaround time.
For e-commerce sites, banking and other professional sites, nothing works better than dedicated hosting. It is undoubtedly the best and most reliable business web hosting that can help maximize your profits and take your online business to a new level.
Published on September 12,2018 by Celeste H. Oliver